Meet With Your Licensed Clinician From Anywhere
At HPA/LiveWell, we provide safe, reliable, convenient online therapy options to help you get the professional mental health or behavioral health support you need. Whether you’re looking for individual or group therapy, or need IOP for eating disorder treatment, our clinicians are licensed to provide virtual therapy throughout New York State. Each of our licensed clinicians provides the same best practice, evidence-based treatment interventions to guide you toward your journey to wellness, regardless of your physical location.
Benefits of Online Therapy at HPA/LiveWell
- Safe and Confidential: We take confidentiality seriously. Knowing our clinicians are often the first safe space to verbalize your true feelings, we use a state-of-the-art, encrypted, HIPAA-compliant Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. No part of any session is recorded at any time.
- Convenient: Online therapy means no canceling and rescheduling appointments due to poor weather conditions or traffic delays. You can get online therapy from anywhere! All you need is a reliable internet connection and a quiet space with no interruptions. We always recommend headphones/earbuds for privacy.
- Comfortable: With online therapy, there’s no sitting in a waiting room before your session. While our office waiting room is welcoming and inviting, clean, safe, and comfortable, we know sometimes anxiety and worry can creep in while you wait, especially on your first visit.
- Effective: Research has shown online therapy to be as effective as in-person therapy. Diagnostic accuracy, treatment effectiveness, quality, patient satisfaction, patient privacy, and confidentiality have all been proven equivalent to receiving in-person therapy.
- Far-reaching: Our group of mental health experts can treat a wide array of mental health concerns with expertise. Thanks to online therapy, we can reach a wider geographical area.
Steps to Receiving Online Therapy at HPA/LiveWell
What to Expect from Online Therapy at HPA/LiveWell
Whether you seek treatment in the office or via telehealth, the quality of care will not change. Since all of our treatment options are patient-driven, how you receive therapy is based on your individual needs and goals.
Individual Online Therapy
If you and your therapist decide individual online therapy would benefit you as part of your treatment plan, you’ll meet with your clinician independently from others. You’ll receive one-on-one attention in a comfortable, safe, and confidential virtual setting via Telehealth.
Individual online therapy is much like in-person individual therapy in terms of treatment options. At HPA/Livewell, you get the same high-quality professional care from our team of mental health experts when you meet one-on-one in-person, or online. If online therapy is a better fit for your lifestyle, schedule, or comfort level, we’re here for you.
Online Group Therapy
Group therapy is an effective treatment for many types of psychological issues including eating disorders. At HPA/LiveWell, our online group therapy connects you with like-minded people going through similar struggles. One or more therapists guides you and other patients to work together, promoting positive change in you and the other group members.
We have two types of group therapy at HPA/LiveWell: closed and open. If you take part in a closed group, you’ll have a limited number of sessions. After those sessions are over, you can join more or end your treatment. Open group therapy allows you to participate on a rolling basis. You’ll end your treatment when you feel you’re ready.
Whatever option you choose, you’ll get the same excellent, high-quality online therapy.
Online Eating Disorder Treatment
If you’re struggling with an eating disorder, we recommend our intensive outpatient program (IOP). In this program, you’ll work together with as many as twelve other patients and one or more therapists. This highly effective eating disorder program is very structured and comprehensive, and includes eating disorder group therapy.
But it also has an impressive recovery rate.
Our online IOP is as convenient as regular online group therapy. But it also gives you the benefit of working through your eating disorder struggles while living your life as you normally would. No need to enter a rehabilitation facility or hospital. We’ll partner alongside you to help you toward recovery, no matter how long it takes.
Getting the Help You Need Has Never Been Easier
At HPA/LiveWell, we believe nobody should ever have to suffer through their mental health struggles alone. Now, thanks to modern technology, getting the help you need is even easier. No matter what mental health concern you are going through, you’re not alone. We’re here for you.